A page detailing forthcoming and past events that are of relevance to the Anglo-Russian Research Network.
Online events for winter 2020 in association with Pushkin House:
- Friday 6 November: ‘The Ark of the Translator – Muireann Maguire on John Bowring’
- Friday 13 November: ‘Marian Fell – Translation Work as a Reflection of Life Ventures’ – Anna Maslenova
- Friday 20 November: ‘Around and About the Other Shore: Russian Political Émigrés in London’ – Ben Phillips
- Friday 27 November: ‘Translating Great Russian Literature – Penguin Russian Classics’ – Cathy McAteer
- Friday 4 December: ‘The “other side of the picture”: the Soviet City and Countryside in 1930s British Travel Accounts’ – Nicholas Hall
- Friday 11 December: ‘Contemporary Russian Literature in Translation: Not the Next Tolstoy’ – Sarah Gear
See the Reading Group page for more information on these.
Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge.
Maynooth University, Ireland.
Higher School of Economics, Moscow.
The Department of European, American and Intercultural Studies, University of Rome Sapienza.
Girton College, Cambridge.
Birkbeck College, University of London.
Institute of English Studies, Senate House, University of London.
University of Aberdeen.
Wolfson College, University of Oxford.
Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities and Reid Concert Hall, University of Edinburgh.
21–5 July, 2014: Residential Russian Summer School
Alston Hall, Alston Lane, Longridge, Preston PR3 3BP
Call for papers and the programme can be accessed here.